First: I did my morning workout: yoga with Ms. V and then 5 treadmill miles: 5.2 going up every 5 minutes (32:54 at 3) then 42:41 at 4, 52:24 at 5. I didn’t have the pep to go too much under a 10 minute pace toward the end (19:30 for the final 2). I felt good but must have looked terrible getting off of the treadmill.
2. Conservatives attack: “that kid needs to learn some….(insert “history”, “policy”, “economics”)” while smirking.
3. Someone like Paul Krugman pounces point out that said activist is saying basically true things.
4. Liberals say “see…I told you…listen to the kid…even Krugman (or some other expert) says that they have it basically right…”
And we lose. Why?
Politics often has little to do with facts; conservative attacks are more about “neener neener…those libs are following some dumb kid (or weird activist)” hoping that the undecided say “ugh..do I want to ally myself with THEM?” That is, “is THAT the kind of team I want to join?”
The correctness of the ideas has very little to do with it.
Yes, the do have a distinguished history; at one time, they WERE among the NFL’s elite, year in, year out.
But that was a long time ago. In the 24 seasons since their last Super Bowl win (1996, after the 1995 season):
1. Regular reason: they are 20 games above .500, with a record of 202-182 (about a 9-7 season average).
2. Playoffs: they have appeared 10 times and have…FOUR Wild Card Round wins to show for it..zero divisional round wins..which means zero appearances in the NFC championship game.
Reality: the Cowboys are a very average franchise, in terms of on the field success. And yet, they remained viewed as one of the top franchises.
That is “marketing” and Democrats are dreadful at it.
That is, IMHO, why we lose so much.